Recipes

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Meatball Stuffed Shells

After making Pumpkin-Ricotta Stuffed Shells earlier this week, I had loads of leftover cooked and empty shells. My husband was sad that he missed the Honey Glazed Meatballs this week since he had been working so late each night, so I decided to experiment and try making meatball stuffed shells.  I just made a basic meatball recipe, stuffed it in each shell, and baked it with some tomato sauce on top.  Couldn't have been easier.  I had worried because the recipe made 20 shells, and I was only feeding my husband and Henry, but as of yesterday, they had already polished off 11 of them (Henry ate 1.5 Friday night and another full one for Saturday lunch).  I'm pretty confident that between Henry, my husband, and our nanny, all will be finished as of tomorrow!


Meatball Stuffed Shells
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 T ketchup
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
pinch red pepper
1 egg
20 jumbo shells, cooked
1/2 jar tomato sauce

1.  Preheat oven to 375.

2.  In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the shells and sauce.  Then, stuff each shell with ground beef mixture and put them in a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Top shells with the tomato sauce.  Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 40 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.

Happy and (mostly) healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment