Recipes

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Freezer Find: Honey-Yogurt Waffles

A couple of months ago I made a brunch at my house for my husband's birthday.  I made a double batch of Honey-Yogurt Waffles from the Two Peas and Their Pod blog, and had loads of leftovers.  Since I knew there was no way we could possibly finish them all, I divided up the individual hearts (I have a heart-shaped waffle maker - thanks Mom!) into baggies of 4-5 hearts each and put them in my freezer.  It's perfect - Henry will happily eat about 2 waffle hearts as a special treat for breakfast.  The only downside is that we just finished our last freezer baggie - I guess I'll have to make more soon!

Note: I followed the recipe exactly, but I didn't have whole-wheat flour, so I used all white flour.  I also only had 1 container plain non-fat Chobani Greek yogurt, and 1 vanilla non-fat Chobani Greek Yogurt, so my Greek yogurt addition was a combo of the two.

Happy and (mostly) healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment