Recipes

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Begging for Broccoli

Okay, I know the picture above is of pizza, and it's no great accomplishment that I got my kid to eat pizza.  What was amazing about tonight, however, was that while I was making the pizza, Henry was getting extremely impatient.  He kept whining, and I kept telling him that the pizza would be ready soon.  And then I realized he was pointing to a bowl and not the pizza...and then I listened closer.  He was begging for broccoli.  I almost fainted.  I haven't actually made broccoli in a while, and couldn't believe that was what he wanted.  I figured he'd just hold it and lick it, but he shoved the piece in his mouth, chewed it, and then asked for more.  I honestly feel like some sort of miracle just happened.  Happy day!

(As for the pizza, its just store bought whole wheat dough that I rolled out and then topped with sauce, cheese, broccoli, and olives).

Happy and (mostly) healthy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Ali! It always amazes me what kids eat. Mine are obsessed with spinach when they aren't eating junk.

    ReplyDelete